Friday, July 13, 2012

Dancing Around the World

I'm posting the following article and video because it's fun, uplifting, and something I've always wanted to do.  The notion of dancing around the world has been on my mind for as long as I can remember, and my dance residency in Ghana 3 years ago definitely fueled the fire.  

Though I envision a much different approach for my own world-dance experience, I really like Matt Harding's take on it.  He has a few videos (check out his YouTube Channel), and there have been several write-ups about him.  I'm posting this one because it includes an interview which gives a little insight into his process:


Enjoy!



ps.  Much more to come on this topic.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect post as you head off to Philadelphia! I expect this video will be a great addition to the notes you are gathering on community interaction. I loved this and enjoyed a similar one I saw on one of the giant screens in Times Square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I would love to know what that video was in Times Square. If it comes to you, let me know!

      Delete